Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sleeping Wolves

CHAPTER ONE: Sleep.
Jack walked up to a dead wolf with scratches and bites on it. He sniffed it a couple of times and turned towards us. “He’s dead. His name is Commander Bravehero.”
I said from behind the rock where we were hiding “Right. Well, we’d better get moving then.”
We dragged Commander the dead wolf over jamaa hiding it from people. We threw him (not rough but not gentle either) into a hole. We gathered people around it and found a priest. The priest cried out “As Mira dug the lakes and mountains to cover those lost in that great battle—-So we lay you to rest beneath the ground he has given us. Zios has taken you into his pack, where great Mira sits, where you will never again know pain or sickness or clans. And may she who is above call you by name to run in her endless fields… Peace on your journey brother.” There was chiming echo from the rest of us as we chimed in with the last word. “Peace.”
After wards we buried the dead wolf but Jack kept looking into the hole mysteriously. The priest knew me and left while saying “Take care Snowflake.”
I replied “You too Fauna.”
Darling said “Where to now?”
I said “We could use my house. Mighty is away with friends.”
As we were walking away, a familiar figure emerged from inside an old cracked tree. Her black fur glistened in the moon light as she dropped a few things onto our burial site. Then she began to speak. “Prrrtham. Prrtham nara rictus.”
CHAPTER TWO: Dead.
In our yard we were sitting and talking. Darling said “Well I’m just glad our watch is over. I don’t think I could take another burial.”
I said “Me neither. It gives me nightmares this whole month.”
Mya said “I don’t get it. Don’t they just agree to other clans?”
There was an awkward silence because no one knew why. Suddenly mighty arrived home and brought news. “I heard a black small cat was spotted!”
I said “WHAT? But we trapped Dymphna the Halagamuai!”
I looked into the cage where we trapped Dymphna. Nothing was there. Suddenly this happened at the door: (ROAARR THUNK) Eternal screeched “WHAT THE?!”
Suddenly perched on the fence was a familiar black figure. I screamed “DYMPHNA!”
Darling screeched “IT’S THAT WITCH CA-A-AT!”
Mighty asked “WHATS SHE DOING HERE?”
Dymphna coughed out a bit of blood and said “Help me! You-have-to help me!”
Mya growled “HELP YOU? We almost died because of you!”
I said “Yeah! You and that witch coven of yours!”
Dymphna rasped “P-please! We’re all in danger here!”
Jack said “Speak for yourself lady. Snowflake, would you get the door?”
Dymphna screeched “WAIT! YOU MUST LISTEN TO ME! I WAS AT THE GRAVEYARD!”
Mighty said “THE graveyard? OUR GRAVEYARD?”
Eternal said “What the heck were you doing there?”
Dymphna replied slowly but mysteriously “Raising the dead.”
CHAPTER THREE: Curses.
Dymphna told the following tale: “After you destroyed my sisters, I vowed I would have my revenge. I discovered your burial ground while spying on you and gathered a spell kit from my masters lair. Alone I could only raise a few of the undead, but they were just enough to serve what I had to say. But unfortunately even DEAD they wouldn’t serve a cat. They were hungry and they needed brains. I only managed to escape…. When they attacked a passerby rabbit…. I-I didn’t know what to do so I came here… You DO believe me, don’t you?”
Jack said “Snowflake, GET THE DOOR.”
Dymphna screamed “ONCE THEY FINISH FEEDING THEY’LL COME HERE!!!”
Darling chuckled and said “Now your talking Jack! Bounce her on her black magic butt!”
I opened the door and said “There you go Jack. Hope she lands on her head.”
But a sight of unbelieving eyes stared at what was before them. 5 huge and terrifying wolf and tiger zombies (one of which was Commander Bravehero) snarled and growled. Most of them were missing eyeballs, some had guts gone. Muscles were showing everywhere, and all of them had blood on their paws or their mouths. Jack whimpered and said “close, the gate snowflake. Close the gate Snowflake. CLOSE THE GOSH DANGED GATE SNOWFLAKE!!!
I couldn’t respond, so Mya, Eternal, Mighty and Darling closed it for me. We were backed up against the door. Mighty half screamed, half whispered “You smell that? Death! Walking, breathing death!”
Eternal said “Hadda go and raise the dead HUH???
I snapped at Eternal and said “Calm down! Its a new door! I just made it! There’s NO WAY they can–”
My sentence was cut short because a loud crack told us the zombies were powerful enough to break down my door. We screamed and headed towards the corners of the yard.
CHAPTER FOUR: Panic.
We were bolting everywhere and Dymphna was caught in the middle of three zombies who didn’t care about life and death of their master. She hissed and I said “Hey guys, LOOK!”
Mya snarled and said “So what? She’s only getting what she deserves!!!”
Jack seemed to feel sympathy for the little cat. He said “Oh come on Mya, you know we can’t let that happen…” He took a head start and butted the zombies with his head. “And besides, I’m not in the mood for any more funerals today!!!”
Eternal snapped at a wolves tail as Mighty said “We’re with you Jack!”
Dymphna darted away so fast, she seemed to have vanished. I grabbed on to a zombies tail and recoiled, but still held on. “YUCH! Dem woldes taste like dirt!”
Dymphna jumped up and clung to the wall of my house. She screeched harshly “DON’T BITE THEM! AND WHATEVER YOU DO, DON’T LET THEM BITE YOU! OR YOU’LL BECOME ONE OF THEM!”
I recoiled more this time and screamed “PTOO! Ptooie! Now she tells us!!”
Jack jumped up next to Dymphna. She whimpered “I-I don’t understand. You saved me, even though I-I-”
Jack replied, with panic in his voice “Don’t get mushy sister. Nobody’s safe when those things are around. How do we stop them?”
Dymphna said “I can’t perform a counterspell without my kit….”
Jack’s mouth hung open and he said “Then how-”
“We can’t. We’d need thumbs and guns to destroy these creatures…. And even that might not work.”
I screamed these words “MIGHTY COME ON! EVERYONE IN HERE, HURRY!!!”
We darted into my castle and slammed the door. Mighty lamented “WAAAH!! WE’RE DOOMED!”
Eternal said “SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!”
I said “I am!! I’m panicking!!!”
Mya screeched “I wish Greely was here!”
Darling grunted and said “Yeah instead of me!”
Back outside, Jack prepared to jump off. Dymphna said “Where, are you going?!”
Jack lifted one paw off the side and said “They’re my friends. They saved me once, now I’m going to save them! Maybe I can lead them away, or…”
In one swift movement, Dymphna slashed her claws across Jack’s wrist and snickered. “SO-RRY, But you’re not going anywhere!!!”
Jack recoiled in pain and said “Why you-” He then noticed Dymphna preparing to jump. “Wha-? Where-”
Dymphna finished his sentence and said “Doing something decent for once.”
She ran past the zombies and said “Hey you zombies! Fresh kitty brains! Come an’ get it!”
Commander Bravehero (the zombie) sniffed and growled “KITTY BRAINS!
They whirled around, snarled and ran out, following Dymphna. We padded out and I said “She’s crazy! Doesn’t she see that wall?”
She ran right in front of the zombies chanting “Come on you flea bag of bones! Catch me if you ca-an!”
Jack said “Don’t worry Snowflake. She sees it.”
At the last moment of slamming into the wall, Dymphna whirled around and missed the wall by a paw length. The zombies slammed into the wall, and blood was everywhere. Dymphna caught her paw on a root and tumbled down into a hole as Mighty whimpered “Anyone remember when this was Beta and quiet?”
I yelped as I realized my neighbors turned their lights on. “Hey guys! Jammer alert!” I looked at Jack. He hadn’t moved since seeing Dymphna disappear down the hole. “Hey Jack, COME ON!”
He said “Yeah, yeah….”
We padded back to my house and I prepared some beds. We went to sleep, and hoped that nothing would come rapping at their door for a long, long time.

No comments: